Frequently Asked Questions about the Abundant Author Mastermind
When does it start?
The Abundant Author Mastermind starts on Monday, September 13th, 2021.
What does it cover?
Here’s what we’ll be working on each month:
- Releasing Resistance: Clear any negative energy around your writing and reconnect to your original inspiration. Start building excitement, momentum and a positive mindset so that you can set yourself up for success.
- The Practice: Get into the habit of writing in a way that fuels you (and isn’t forced) and feels delightful… because isn’t that why you wanted to write in the first place?
- Overcoming Obstacles: What happens when things come up, or you find reasons not to write? Learn to look at obstacles through a different lens: one that allows you to keep moving forward (and still feel good about it).
- The Finish Line: Define success for yourself so that you can stop worrying about what people will think, let go of trying to impress or get approval from others, and finally finish that first draft.
What’s included if I sign up?
When you sign up for the Abundant Author mastermind today, you’ll get:
- 12 group sessions (3 per month) that’ll include grounding meditations, enlightening exercises, and coaching in the following 4-week cycle:
- Week 1, we’ll meet for an interactive workshop to give you tools and practices for each month’s focus (which you can see in the answer above).
- Week 2, we’ll meet for a deep work session where you can work on your writing, practice using the tools, and make progress towards finishing your first draft.
- Week 3, we’ll meet for a group coaching session where you can get support, community and accountability.
- Week 4, we’ll break so that you have space to integrate the tools and practices into your life.
- Group Voxer coaching (text and voice messaging with me and the other mastermind members) so that you can get coaching and support on a daily basis (Monday to Friday)
- 2 one-on-one deep dive coaching sessions to help you find your unique path forward for your writing ($500 value)
- Guidance on how to leverage your Human Design (your unique energetic blueprint based on the exact time and location of your birth) to fuel your writing success (optional but totally priceless)
How much time will it take?
The group sessions will be approximately 90 minutes long and be 3 weeks on, 1 week off (see the answer above). There will be some exercises/practices to help you keep the positive energy/mindset and momentum going on your own that only take a few minutes per day. There will also be two 1-hour deep dive sessions that can be scheduled at any point during the mastermind.
On top of that, you’ll want to have some time to devote to your writing (which we’ll work on getting you to show up for). This could be just a few minutes to start, and we can build on it over the course of the four months.
I’ve done online courses before and never finished them. How will this be any different?
This isn’t a course, so it isn’t just about learning. It’s about integrating new ways of thinking and acting into how you show up for your writing. My coaching certification is designed to help people change how they behave.
But in terms of finishing, a lot of online programs leave you on your own. In the Abundant Author Mastermind, you’ll have direct access to me during the group sessions, so I’ll notice and follow up if you don’t show up unexpectedly. I’ll also help you figure out how to make the things we talk about work for you, as this is going to be an intimate group.
On top of that, you’ll have access to support via Voxer (text and voice messaging) so that you can get coaching whenever you feel stuck, plus you have two deep dive sessions where we can dig into whatever will help you the most.
What if I can’t make the live sessions?
The group sessions will be recorded and posted in a private Facebook group within 24 to 48 hours. The videos will be available to you for a minimum of one year after the program ends.
That being said, I would strongly suggest you show up for the first week’s session every month. They are on September 13th, October 11th, November 8th, and December 6th.
Is it worth the investment?
That’s a question that only you can answer, but let me ask you this: What’s it costing you to avoid writing? How is it impacting you to feel deeply called to write, and at the same time, to feel stuck because you’re worried about what people will think?
The Abundant Author Mastermind will help you trust your creative instincts and define success for yourself, so that you can take the pressure off, remember how much you love to write, and move forward with delight. It’s designed to help you start thinking, acting and feeling like the writer you want to be.
What if I have additional questions?
This is a big decision and I’d be happy to answer them! Email me and I’ll get back to you ASAP.
Am I really ready for this?
Taking a big leap forward is always a little scary, and you may be tempted to think that you need just a little more time to try a few more things and figure out how to do this on your own. Even if you know you need this, there may be a voice saying, “You’re not ready.” But if you wait until next year, you’ll probably still hear that voice… and be a year further behind than you need to be. So the question is this: How do you want your story to end?
Are there any guarantees?
I debated including a “try it out and see if this is for you” kind of guarantee, but I don’t think that’s going to serve anyone considering this program and here’s why: At some level, you’re already ambivalent about doing the work. If I were to give you an out, you would show up half committed with one eye on the exit door (which is probably how you’re showing up for your writing right now).
This is an opportunity to do things differently and commit fully to the process. I can’t guarantee the exact timing of when you’ll finish your first draft, but I have no doubt that this experience will transform how you think about yourself and your writing.
If this is something you want, I invite you to just commit to it. Let go of looking for a reason to quit and be all in.